Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Its all for charidy mate, not arf!

So the Cruiser Worlds ran on Sunday, and the UK old boys club rocked. Congrats to Dale on another #1, although he didnt look like he was trying all that hard and Flemdog who walked 40-44. Hilly took a fifth, Andy Shaw a 3rd and Ivesy a fifth i think. Great stuff guys, well done.

I am now motivated to rebuild and get back on my cruiser. It needs a clean for a start, hasn't been touched since Northern Monkey nearly got both wheels off the floor racing at Woodbridge. The bottom bracket is creaking like a good 'un yet again. I think it's the combination of a 3yr old ali frame and profile chromoly cranks. It will be completely stripped, repainted and rebuilt, or I may just hang it all and buy a new Crupi cruiser. I love them. I need new wheels and brakes for sure.

So the charity. Well it seems as though a few people are doing charity rides. my friend Mara is doing 194miles in CT or MA later this year and the Monkey is talking about one on his blog, when low and behold father-in-law sends me a link to one USAToday is organizing. I think it's a hint, something about giving back a little I guess and doing something I love. So I have a choice of 34miles, 65m or 102m in late August, the week before the Grands actually. Not sure if hitting up 100 miles is a good thing before the Grands so I'm going to opt for the 65miler. I will be good for this I think. Of course I need to go and buy a new road, bike, damn,.. well if you're going to insist.. I mean why not.. I'll have to hide it in the basement for a while and hope C doesn't spot it.

The weekend we went to NY for Jamies birthday, we had a great time, although after 1am I was starting to get tired and moody. I guess I can't keep up any more. Still the introduction of key lime pie perked me up somewhat. The wife consumed too much alcohol though and was feeling sorry for herself all day sunday. Lightweight. I was on it big time, I think I had 4 beers and a shot over 5 hours, no stopping me for sure. It was a great weekend and Jamie was on top form. She has some really cool friends too, so all in all a good trip.

I'm back on the bike doing sprints. My calf is holding out so far. Just plenty of constant stretching and I have it wrapped up so all is good. I guess I am going to have to jump everything at the weekend rather than manual to avoid straining it. Still I am looking forward to South Carolina, the track looks mint. If I can make two more main and pull some good results I will be in a comfortable position going to the Grands. I am not putting myself under any pressure though, the calf strain ruined my training for two weeks and unless I am doing something everyday I don't feel good, so SC will be about having fun. It's going to be scorching hot down there, so all the locals and Florida boys will be up front I guess. It's only just starting to get warm here, so I haven't had much time to get acclimatized to the humidity. Anyway, it's a new track and I want to hit the pro section, thats my goal. Anything else is a bonus.

More sprints or the track tonight with Chris Agard. Chris pulled off wins both days at PA this weekend at the ABA national, although it was a mudfest so he said. Chris should be in with a real shout of a Top 3 plate this year, maybe even the #1. Bring it East mate.

Jog on..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you can't hide anything from your nosy wife!