Monday, June 23, 2008

2yrs..

I've been here 2yrs now, as of Saturday. Can't believe it. tempus fugit and all that. So it's been a happy 2yrs and I wouldn't change any of it really. We've had a few ups and downs along the way, sadly with the passing of Colin McNevin just after we got married - a pretty low point, but things have been good and I know I made the right decision coming here, even if I do miss family and friends a lot.

The wife bought me a new watch as a 2 yr anniversary present, which was cool. I have been banging on about getting an Omega for ages. I will still be banging on about getting one as they are a couple of grand, but she did buy me a nice Fossil watch. I love it, its white. But, she thinks I look a flamer with it! I prefer to be androgynous, but who's to argue which side the bread is buttered eh??

Last week I struggled to train, my left knee won't put up with any squats at all. I feel like I am trapping a nerve when I bend down, a bit like banging your funny bone in your elbow. I hit ABA gates on Wednesday night which was good. Had some good pull going on my flats and I am slowly starting to get an ABA gate.

Friday night I hit the trails. Apparently in a literal sense also. Tit. No pads, no helmet and I went for the big set which I've been wanting to do for ages. Guess what, came up short and over the bars. Luckily I hit something soft on the way down, but my right knee is now banged up. Still I did almost make it through, but why I tried it with no gear on and on my own, I have no idea. The trails are a good ride off the path back in the woods, I would have been up shit creek if I'd really hurt myself.

It's South Park this coming weekend. Not sure how I am feeling about it. Heard good and bad about the rebuild, and its never been good to me results wise, but I love riding there and watching the Pros. Just with gas prices, going up to watch is not really an option. I'm going to make a last minute decision I think.

Still looking for a new road bike. Just waiting my sponsor to see if he can get me a deal on the Masi Gran Criterium. Any bike in Purple People Eater purple is worth buying in my book. There are a few road clubs by my office and I'd like to get involved with one and maybe do a race or two next yr as a novice for fun.

I am swamped at work at the moment, so I should end my inane ramblings here. Good to be busy though, we are starting to grow our little business well now. Have a meeting next week at Norfolk Air Base, oh, and it just happens that Hampton track is just outside the air base, best take my bike with me then..

ta-ra

No comments: