Thursday, June 26, 2008

Muppet!

I am going to proceed this blog update, with I love my dad dearly... however he's a muppet! Today he managed to chop the top third of two fingers off his right hand. And, in his typically subborn way continued to finish the job he was working on before driving home 60miles so he could go to the local village hospital 'where people know him'. Honestly, I spent my entire child being called 'jonah' by him cos I was the clumsy one, doing daft shite all the time. Apparently some steel fencing fell on him, it was that heavy it bent the steering column of the tractor he was driving, so no wonder it took his fingers off. Mum is not happy with him. "there but for the grace of God go I". Oh, and mum had a mirror fall on her noggin today too and has a nice bump. That's them two and me binning it at the trails last week and jacking my knee up again.

So I finally ordered my new road bike. I just couldn't justify a $2000 sat at home, even when I get $700 off list, so I went for the Masi Gran Corsa Ali and Carbon frame and forks, and 10 groupset. It's more than enough for my needs to keep me fit and do something a little different than the bmx. I am looking forward to getting it.

Had a good session at Severn last night. Got some good pull on the first straight and my gates are improving on the ABA every week. Got some help from Matt Kelty on the second straight. No matter how long you have been riding a little bit of advice from someone else can go a long way. I got the second straight doubles down now. Pick up manual, tyre tap out and boost the triples. Took me a few attempts but i got it. Cheers Matt. Chris Agard and his mrs, Tammy where down with John, so it was a good session. Tammy is getting pretty good considering she has just started riding. She certainly doesn't seem to be scared to try, which is what it's all about.

There is always a good turn out at Severn, more so than at Woodbridge. I guess cos the track is easily accessible 24/7. Feeling it today though, bit dehydrated and sore. This is what I want the road bike for, nice recovery rides after a hard session.

Been a hectic week at work, got lots of irons in the fire, lets hope these deals start to grow.

Off home to love the wife.. or annoy her, which ever comes easiest.. or first.. :)

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

OOOOWWWW!!!!! Pass on get well soons to your dad from them Northern Monkeys. Warlock is staying at Chateau Monkey this evening before we had to Hartlepool tomorrow, should be a good weekend.