Monday, June 30, 2008

chilled weekend

Well I did what I have been meaning to do for ages, and have a weekend off the bike. I slept a lot, put on about 5lb probably and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the wife and in-laws.

Friday I went to Severn after work, rode for about 45mins, but suffered in the heat. I need to keep an eye on dehydrating, that's a couple of times I've felt dizzy and its the heat. I stayed and helped work on the track after a monumental storm and the guys raced i think, but i was feeling poop so went home and hit the hay for close to 12 hours.

Saturday we headed up to the farm. Went to the Mansion on Saturday evening for dinner. Very good. Had a lovely rib eye steak and some really cool ice tea sorbet which was awesome. We then watched some terrible film with Kevin Bacon. I didn't think he could make a crap film but he really pulled out all the stops on this one, flip me it was shite. Still Kelly Preston was in it, and she's pretty hot, well until she got shot that is.

Sunday we headed to Hoss n Boss for some good old fashioned diners breakfast. Lovely. I had some sausage gravy thing, which i think had died a slow death, not the greatest but i ate it seeing as i was paying. We spend the rest of the day wandering around Codorus Park and Lake and looking at boats to buy with Ben and Christa. Even if we had bought one, it's a 3 yr waiting list to dock them. We stuck with the rental idea. Sunday afternoon was more napping and a leisurely drive home with a little 'open house' viewing. For $300k in Hanover we can get a place twice the size of ours, brand new, fully decorated and with appliances. It's crazy. Papa Laurence was trying to convince us to move there. I would.. if i could get a job like I have now and the same with Bean. We'd have built in baby sitters though, as Papa Laurence spent all weekend trying to bribe us to have kids. We are going to hold out a little longer until the bounty is at a decent rate and I can squeeze in another 2 wheeled form of transport...

crap nights sleep last night, ended up in the basement as i was annoying the wife. i think i went to sleep around 3am. Today is going to be a long day, but hopefully my new bike will be here this week.

Heard the Warlock finally got airborne this weekend, amazing how he can so easily be persuaded with food and he grabbed an A final place and Lauren made her first A final also. NICE.

laters.

No comments: