Monday, June 9, 2008

At last..

I finally got my first national win over here on the 20". It's taken 2 yrs almost to the day, I've led three finals, only to crash in all of them and finally sunday it just clicked and I won!... but not without a near miss! The second corner had to be carved hard otherwise you'd end up on the slower side of the decision maker which I really didn't want to be on with two guys breathing down my neck. As soon as I picked up to pedal again out I popped right before the roller into the rhythm section. I didn't get the extra cranks I needed and got caught but as the straight was narrow nobody could really get past. I pumped hard, got clipped back in and managed to pull away on the last straight section. Was a little lucky I guess, but I won comfortably in the end. The nice part was I had a perfect, won all my motos and then the final. Day 1 I also won all my motos, got a mint start in the final, only to butcher the first straight step up and let 2 people past. I stayed in third to the line, even though I caught up in the rhythm I just couldn't get past.

The track at Lexington, SC was awesome, great facilty, good hospitality, it deserved a better attendance, with only around 80 motos each day. I guess the heat (over 100f all weekend) and the spiralling gas prices put people off. I hope they get a national next year though as it's on my list for sure.

My buddy Jason picked up a second in 41-45n and Bruce got the worse moto draw and unfortunately had to watch the finals from the sidelines.

check out www.columbiabmx.org for tons of awesome photos. Even one of me doing an old school table top for the dinner ladies on Sunday 8th part 2 i think...

Off to scare myself with the online bank account now..

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

Well done bro..super stoked for ya! Robyn sends a big kiss for doing so well!