Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tired..

Don't know what's up with me the last few weeks, been feeling pretty tired. Have enthusiasm do to do stuff, just no energy when I get to it. And, its not like I need an excuse to be even lazier is it?

In the mix, in the ProAm and doing it for flat pedals and the over 30's club!








My friend, Alex Larson (A Pro), his dad is a great photographer and took a ton of pics of us all racing at Woodbridge recently. I like this one, leading W2, Bill Young down the first straight. It was home track glory, he kicks my butt most of the time, but it's great to race guys as fast as him and Patrick Parker.

Saturday I went to Hampton, VA for the State series. As usual nobody turned up - heat and gas prices being the excuse. Although I think running it in the middle of the day in a Virginia summer is also a contributing factor, that and distance. Chad Powers (www.powersbikeshop.com) had made some interesting changes to the third straight. Any Euro rider would have laughed at it, however most people were having kittens! It was steep, and you were screwed if you lot your momentum, but I enjoyed the challenge and want to go back and see if I can double through it. I'm sure I can with some practice. I took 2,1,1 after only 5 laps of practice. We got stuck in awful traffic. I raced the ProAm and took 3rd after an awful start, but an old skool one footed high/low saved the day and made me a whopping $26!

Sunday I chilled big time. Did jacksh1t actually. Annoyed the wife by being lazy, but then cooked up a great steak on the grill. We are definitely getting into the grilling lately. The meat always tastes so much better and we have fun doing it and then sitting out on the deck with the food. I was no not bothered about having a deck when we were house-hunting. I'm glad we have one though, it's a nice place to be on a summers evening.

Think I am going to give sprints a miss tonight and save some energy for the West Virginia regional. Some good points there and I can take it easy for while and ride the trails and maybe do some mountain biking or road riding.

toodlepip

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're a toodlepip