Wednesday, July 2, 2008

the wife is 30 today!

Happy Birthday pooper! Can't believe you're 30. I liked having a wife in her 20's made me sound studley...! Now we sound old. C woke up to breakfast in bed, and some flowers and presents. I know how to look after my wife for sure. Actually that's not true, but last night I did set my alarm early to get up and make her brekkie, but apparently I didn't turn it on. I tried to imagine another 30 years for both us, and what it will be like to wake up together when she is 60. I expect it will be the same, just a little more wrinkly and maybe a different cat.

Last night I went to Severn to ride, made the most of easy traffic getting home so I threw the bike in the car and headed out. Had a good session. Manualled the whole third straight several times. I can do it fast, but not slow. Still, you don't race slow so I am not too worried. Be nice to bring that trick out at the national and pull a place or two. I've also been trying to learn downside table tops, I don't really get them, I think I just turn my bars and lean a little. Bloody stiff! I'll figure them though. Also tried out my new 661 Kyle Strait knee pads I bought, excellent. Well worth a look for anybody after some top quality knee protectors. So comfy to ride in and much better protection all round, as well as giving the knee some stability which I hope helps me. Some complete twat was also launching fireworks at the track, wouldn't have been quite an issue if he was 16, but he was about 40! There really are some dickheads out there. feckin' rednecks..

Dad is at the Dr's today to see about his fingers. They managed to save them so that's good, but how much use or feel he will get, only time will tell. I am kind of hoping that they might sew some brains on, or at least his arse to the sofa for a little while so he sits still, but I doubt that will make any difference. Still, at least he can't hold a ciggy properly at the moment, so maybe that will stop him smoking.. somehow I doubt it though.

Cheers

No comments: