Monday, July 7, 2008

surprise..

The planned, surprise, birthday party went down a treat for the Mrs. I think she was super stoked. She really had no idea, considering how clever she is, I am going to give myself a hearty pat on the back for not slipping up along the way. We had an awesome time, so many people came and it went off well. A bunch of my bmx buddies came, Shitbreak and Dave came down from Boston, Mo plus bump and James and all the family so it was a really good time. Have to say though I couldn't have pulled it off without Eric and Bep who helped out soo much. I am really grateful guys.. We even managed to keep Christa in check when she had a kitten every time the phone rang. The only slight downer was the weather, it pissed it down as soon as Bean turned up, so everybody was in my house. My mum would have had a heart attack with the mess, but it was all good. We now have about 2 cases of beer and several bottles of wine left. I think I may dump them over the fence as the guys next door will appreciate them I am sure.

Thursday I picked up my new bike. I was out in West Virginia at 6.30 in the morning, grabbed the bike from Jamie and was back in the office by 8.30. The bike is awesome. I only got a couple of rides in over the weekend as I was so busy, but this week I plan to use it some more. A nice recovery ride tomorrow morning from weights tonight will be the first ride. I hope I can get out 2 or 3 days a week and a nice long ride at weekends whilst Bean is a sleep, that's my plan anyway. I'm very happy with it though, apart from brakes are a little spongy, cheap calipers, so maybe an upgrade later on and definitely some new pads now.

Saturday night we went to Christines boss' for dinner. Had a great evening. Her husband, Greg, is super cool and very funny. We were made to feel at home and for saying I am about as useful at a dinner party as birth control is to the Pope, we had a pukka evening. Also met one of C's colleague, JoJo Spiker. Not only is he cool, but he quite possibly has the coolest name ever. Rich, can you imagine commentating on that name.. "call the cops, JoJo Spiker just stole first place..". Not that you would use that line Rich, that's more of a Warlock one line.. :)

Sunday, after a lie in, I went to Severn to ride and watch the local race. Some little herbert told me "i would be better if i clipped in.." Cheeky monkey, just cos daddy bought him a race team! I laid down the law. Cleared all the second straight without pedalling after the first step, then manualled the whole second straight, with a jump to manual in the deep set thrown in and then asked him to do the same? cue wind whistling threw the trees and silence. I'll put my clips on when a title is on the line, not for a sunday scooting session. It was a good session though, but the humidity is starting to hit with a vengeance.

Just starting to plan my Grands trip. I am thinking of flying, $200 for a return flight right. It will cost more than that in gas to get Louisville with current gas prices. So that maybe my plan and hire a car there. Back on the training schedule tonight, have slacked for last month with my knee and calf trouble. I have no intention of making the Grands a wasted a trip, so better pull my finger out..

ta-ra

No comments: