Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I forgot..

... my unofficial, legal, wedding anniversary yesterday! Oops. Well, things have been so hectic it never even crossed my mind, not even once so I can make up an excuse. Good thing is so did the wife pretty much. She bought me some turquoise underwear to go with the myriad other colours she likes to buy me. She wasn't piss@d but if I'd forgotten the real one, my nuts would have been on the pillow next to me in the morning.

We had a good weekend. C had Friday off and pottered around the house and went and saw friend and things. Saturday I rode all day in 95f heat. Had a great session at the track, won 30+ open and then we hit the trails for a while. Had a good time and this time I rode more sensibly rather than pretending I was Brian Foster or somebody. Got a nice redneck sunburn to my arms as well, just need the beat up old pick-up truck now and I'll be hanging with the boys, chewing tobaccy and shooting possums before you know it.

Saturday night we went for Dinner at Sonoma with jacey and amit, abbey and adina. Was a fun evening and good to catch up with everybody again. Sunday morning we hit the diner and ate too much. We are really bad. We spent the rest of the day decorating, putting up pictures, curtains and other things. It was too hot too go outside. Sunday night Bean went and caught up with an old skool friend courtesy of Facebook. It wasn't all that by all accounts, so I don't think she is too bothered about seeing her again. Just talked about herself the entire night. I hit the weights Sunday evening. Back doing deadlifts, as these aren't causing my knees any problems like squats where. I guess the squats will give me a bit more explosive power, but there is no point in hurting myself doing them. I am starting off light on the lifts and doing them quick, just touching the floor with the weight and then straight back up again.

Last night I did 12 miles on the road bike. I don't want to do massive distances, just work hard on the hills and spin on the flat. My legs are sore today. I am trying to push super hard on the hills as best I can to make up for not being able to hit the weights hard lately. My brother would laugh at me as he flies up hills on his road bike without braking a sweat, where as I look like the 15yr old who just got caught stealing Playboy... hot and sweaty, with a far away look in my eyes! Still, I am determined to make the most of the bike and I am really enjoying it. I have to fix a puncture for bean tonight as she got a flatty, same problem every time, spoke into the tube. I have more rim tape on there than Halfords sells, its feckin stupid. I have even filed down the spoke heads. It's always the same spoke to. So I'll fix that tonight and swap my gear back to 44-16t for Winchester and set up my new clips too. Maybe hit gates or a local race tomorrow night.

Off to MacDonald's for a protein shake...

No comments: