Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot weekend

It's been hot here, well into the high 90's and high humidity. Not pleasent to do anything in, so I kind of hid in the house most of the weekend. Friday night I did nothing more than mow the laws, kills weeds and watch TV. I have to say though, that lately if I sit still I seem to find a beer in my hand. This is worrying, a) because I'll become a fat bastard, but b) I seem to be enjoying it too much and want to drink regularly. I think this might be a result of the heat and a cold beer just feels good, but I don't need a couple of pints a night like I have been doing this last week. I'm an alchy!

Saturday, we hit the hardware store, paint and things. Bean has been doing a great job of painting the kitchen, she has done it all her self and is rightly proud of her efforts so far. Nice one. Saturday afternoon, after naps, I headed to Severn for an hours riding. It was 94f. I ended up riding from 4 to 8pm. Had an awesome session. Got the clips dialled in and felt much better on them. Manualled the whole third straight, all 7 jumps clipped in, flat out and was getting the bnump jumps dialled in, so am much happier. Bad thing is, I am still struggling with my knee, it feels like a trapped nerve in the top of my knee, it starting to get bloody painful and I really don't know what's causing it. No weights again then this week, just sprints and some road rides.
Saturday night Amit and Jacey came over, so the day finished off well with Amit's stories of screwing over sales people. Very amusing.

Sunday, we slept late and then went to the Diner for brekkie. I think it's starting to become a habit, but it's a nice one and we have fun. We bought some curtain poles and a few other bits and bobs from Crate and Barrel and headed home to paintin and DIY. Although we did squeeze in another nap as we had been up for about 3 hours at this point. After painting the door I headed out for a road ride. I was beat to be honest and my 12mile loop took me 2 mins longer than normal. I guess I was suffering from the heat and riding the day before. I am trying to work hard on the climbs still though, if nothing else. I have been reading a good magazine that had some useful tips to help with climbing. They paid off a little I felt. It's so weird when you know how to ride a bmx well, you think a road bike is piss easy, apparently not at all. How you hold your ankle when climbing is a big issue. Seriously. I tried the technique and until my legs gave up I think it was actually working. I think for the most part fitness is the key, so more saddle time, but that can wait until after the Grands as leg speed and strength is what I need now, that and quitting my new found alcohol problem!

Gate practice wednesday and this coming weekend the State double header at Winchester. I want to go up to 44-16t, but then it's the ProAm and i'd like to make a final or two again as it was fun last time, so maybe I'll stay with the 41-15t. Decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

I don't get a mention in this update? Bloody blog, its just you you you isn't it...;)