Friday, May 30, 2008

UCI BMX Worlds China

wow, the Brits in the old guys class did awesome.

First off Marco made the final with a fifth, got a bit shut down out the gate and lots of carnage, but he rode good. Dan Clifford got fifth in the semi, thats a long way to go out soo close to the big show. feel for him.

30+, Flemdog, Ivesy and Andy Shaw all made the final. Flem was leading and killing it, got a bit loose down the third straight and allowed some sneaky frog to get by. Andy 3rd and Ivesy fifth. I've raced with Andy and Dave for years, both great riders and decent guys, so pleased for them both. Lets hope Flem gets revenge in cruiser now.

Masters final, Dale was on it all the way, but left a gap big enough to drive a tank through and Dinger went underneath him in the last corner (Dinger is unreal in the rythym sections), Dale fought back to win by an inch at the line. Hilly made another worlds final with fifth I think. Hilly is a legend in my book, trains his arse off and works a hectic job and totally deserves his rewards, well done Hillybags.

Nice one chaps. really pleased for all of you.

Todays conundrum, a new Staats Cruiser or a road bike. I need both, want both, don't want to get divorced if I buy both. Maybe I'll have to be super nice to my sponsor and see what he can do for me. Better win in SC next weekend then.

My calf is improving and I am desperate to get out and ride, but I know the more I rest the better it will be. I just want to ride though.. especially now I have watched the Worlds vids.. Maybe some sprints on Sunday night and see how I feel. I think I will race SC on flats. I don't want the pull of the clips tweaking my calf muscle any more than necessasry.

Anybody heard or seen the Warlock?

No comments: