Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just a quicky..

...said the Vicar to the Nun!! oo er!

So it's been a bloody busy week to say the least. My new role as Proposal Manager and Business Development Manager is pretty hectic to say the least. It wasn't on my career path, I was hoping to do very little and earn a lot, but sadly I am not an England footballer so I have to contribute something useful. I am slowly making headway into my work load though and to be honest it's fun and exciting most of the time, even though it freaks me out that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Still the days are going fast and that's good and my bosses are happy.

Yesterday I hit the Vienna Inn for Chilli dogs and fries with a company we are partnering with. Now that's my kind of business lunch, all washed down with a cold yeungling beer (no idea how to spell it).

Hit gate practice last night, it was windy and my allergies were playing up. I have never had allergies until I lived here. What do they put on the ground to make me ill! Gates were good. I had the last straight rhythm down a treat and am hitting it faster. I want to do the step up to roller at the end. I think I have the speed, now its just getting the nuts up to do it! My gates were on point too, I was right up there with the A's and Vets that ride our track and on flats too. I really don' t think clips help me with pull from the gate, I feel no slower without them. They help me with things like pick up pedal manuals and cornering harder plus they make me concentrate better, but I really don't believe my speed from the gate suffers without them.

Coolest thing, I manualled the whole second straight, from berm to berm, super stocked. Anything Upshaw can do. Of course my mates bet me I couldn't do it again.. they were indeed correct, after 7 attempts I realised it was pure accident.. good job I didn't bet the wifes virtue, just a can of Mountain Due haha.

I have a conference call with HP in a minute, something about the Help Desk opportunity at US PTO. All pretty deep and meaningful. Working with federal govt is not a joy, they change the programs on a whim, you prepare one thing and something else comes up. Still I get paid for it so mushn't grumble.

The wife has gone home ill. Her allergies have been really bad, she slept very little last night, although she did fart a lot for some reason so she told me this moring. I'm going to buy her a large cork..

Off to Howell, NJ for an NBL national this weekend. Hopefully my back ache will have eased by then. If it's not one thing it's another. I always seem to be carrying some niggling injury.

The NMKY is still on his 2 yr come back. He did gates last night for 10mins. I'm proud of him. How much he talked during that 10mins though as opposed to riding is another question. Get on your bike Rich, it misses you. He'll be back soon for sure.

Ok, off to discuss contracts and teaming agreements, my world rules sometimes it really does.

"two butchers and a f*ck load of cutlery"

jog on..

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

8.47 minutes...haaaa!