Monday, May 19, 2008

Been a week..

It has, its true, its been a week since I last updated. Work has been super busy and I really haven't had any 'quiet' time for a good while now. That's all good though and I am starting to make some progress into my new role. I still find it daunting. I am not the greatest at new business development, simply because most of it is relationships and I know about 4 people in this town, and also I am not that great with new people. I am just not interested enough and I am not very good at feigning interest. Still it is coming together and we had a great meeting with some senior people work for the DHS last week and a small business owner who's dad was Ambassador to South Africa, so that was interesting and productive. I am still enjoying things though and that always makes it easier to get up in the morning.

Last wednesday I hit ABA Severn for gate practice. Some super fast guys there; McGuire, Kelty, Eric Posey, Austin Loebbe, Josh Grimes. It did me good and was a hell of a work out. I rode for about 3 hours. They still kill me out the gate, but my ABA gates are improving rapidly. But the good thing is that they are not leaving me for dead. I can't stay with them at all for the first 5m, but after that the gap never widens and in some cases I am starting to close in when I get a good gate. I have got to hit the squats and sprints hard over the next few weeks though as I am now racing South Carolina in June and to travel all that way I have got to make it worthwhile and make the mains if I can.

The weekend, we had a nice dinner with Jacey and Amit, Abbey and her friend Lauren at a good little pizza place in north east. Good food and we had fun, although the hostess was a Muppet, so every body complained. Make the complaint once and move on. Also turns out no matter how educated a group of friends is, making a decision on a place to dine and a time is apparently beyond anything higher education can produce. Feck, we are crap.. Was a great evening though.

Saturday was a nice day, so I headed off to Richmond, VA for a state race. The track isn't all that sadly, but they have paved the turns and start straight and that improved it no end and the racing was fun. I only had 3 in my class, why they won't run everybody over 30 together and just give them the points they would have achieved in their respective class afterwards. It makes better racing and improves progression of the riders. Sadly, NBL is more concerned with moto count and trying to compete with the ABA.

There was a small pro/am turnout. Everybody was on my back to race it, and I could have made the final and maybe done ok, but I wasn't feeling it and it was another $25 on top of race fees and $60 in gas to Richmond. It was starting to get expensive and I am trying my best to save for South Carolina, a re-model of our bathroom and a motorbike. Diego Alejandre took the win, followed by Alex Larsen after Lee Moses slid out in the first corner and went down.

Jonny Culbreth crashed really hard in the pro-am and shattered his newly repaired collar bone again. I feel for him. He has been down a lot lately and is such a talented rider. hopefully he won't be off the bike too long. Also heard Jeremy Thompson went down in North Carolina practicing and smashed his wrist badly. As far as I can tell it's in a worse state than mine was, but the miracles of technology will have him back again. He is super talented and I was looking forward to racing him next year when I go up to 35x.

Sunday, I kind of chilled out. Went to Home Depot, bought a few things, got some stuff for the wife so she can make up pots for her plants. She is really getting into the gardening and enjoying it. This is fine by me, not just because she is doing a great job of making our garden look good, but more importantly she is outside and not in front of the pc and doing work. I watched Rossi win in Le Mans and ironed. I guess I'll have to mow the lawn tonight, as well as sweep the leaves, wash the windows and do some squats. Busy evening I guess.

Its monday morning here and I have a truck load to do. Have a proposal to write for SeaPort-E. Not 100% convinced its our bag as we don't have all the quals for it, but we might as well respond and see what happens. We have major pc and network problems too and a couple of pc's have got viruses on them, making a lot of thumb twiddling going on.

ta ta

Rich, when you getting that bike out, you could have made a final in cruiser at Mansfield judging by the videos??

No comments: