Friday, April 11, 2008

witness

nope, i didn't see some old dear get mugged or gangbangers rob some dude for his rims (I actually don't know what I've just written there, not in touch with the yoof out here!). Anyway, it was a beautiful day yesterday so I hit up Severn ABA track with a couple of mates for some riding. Shorts and t-shirt, yes please. It was warm.
So local ripper Eric Posey was there, this kid can ride, I mean seriously ride. For you brits think DC, for my america amigos think Upshaw (just less shiznit!). We have a six pack on the last straight, about 5 ft tall and about 7ft wide. They are trailsy and fun, but useless when you want to hit them fast in a race. So Eric picks up way in front of them manuals the whole straight, ok that was cool. I've done it once or twice as well. Next time he picks up and bump jumps each one - ie taking off from the back wheel each time. This is a little more serious. I have a go, make the first one, sketchy as fook on the second and decide I'm too old for that sh1t. Next time round he bump jumps the first one, lands in a manual, bump jumps the second and manuals the rest of the straight. At this point people seriously went nuts, it was feckin unreal and he did all this at race speed, not playing, he was hauling! respect was due. For those of you that saw Kyle Bennett bump jump Orlando's doubles on the first straight a few years back that what it was like in terms of sheer ability and skill. It wasn't a balls to the wall huck, or a 20ft stair gap where you need nuts the size of bowling balls, nope this was pure skill and it was unreal. It wasn't something that could be taught, it was based on pure talent and I am glad i witnessed it cos its about the best bit of riding i've seen over here. Eric, I tip my hat to you my friend, that was a little special.

Needless to say the session got pretty fired up after that, some hard first straights with the guys which was awesome, I hit the first straight doubles backwards - huck to flat bottom, i thought it was going to be harder than that - i transferred from the first straight doubles to last straight doubles too. Came up a little short the first time, but all was good.

my wife has had a tough week at work this week, poor thing. I am going to buy her a little present at dinner time to cheer her up. I worry a lot about her, she gets a lot of sh1t and takes a lot on with her job. Fartknocker I love you.

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

Mate, your shit is funny! Got me laughing like a drain, keep it coming!!