Thursday, April 3, 2008

scrambled eggs and bacon?

Bugger! So I go to a folder on my PC which has, or should have, a load of information and brochures concering Server Virtualization - a service my company provides - and the folder is empty, nada, zip, zero! What the feck! More than slightly concerned right now to say the least. I hadn't touched the info in a while, but typically someone wanted it today to update and its not there. Bollox, feck, arse! At least I know what I'll be doing for the next few days.

So I hit gate practice last night down at Woodbridge NBL track. Damn good turnout for a wednesday evening and we were managing to run 2 or 3 gates full of 15+ experts which made it a good work out. After a couple of runs to get used to NBL gates again, I got my gates dialled in and was snapping hard on the new bike. I was super pleased and considering my crappy winter training, I was hanging pretty well and even put down a few flyers with some of the Single A's. Who knows how hard they are trying, but it did my confidence good. I've got to work on the pick up, pedal manuals for the first double tho, I was a little rusty, but its been 5 months since I last rode at Woodbridge so I can't complain. I guess the hard work I've been putting into the sprints the last month or so helped. I would have had my arse handed to me if I'd not been doing them. I've got to work on my first 5 pedals a little more, I still feel weak there. Jump squats is what I've been advised to do, so we'll see how much that helps. The Woodbridge track was running good though, a little sandy in places but considering nothing has been done over the winter, it was pretty darn good. However, looks like the weather isn't playing ball for our State Race and Pro/Am this weekend. Gutted, as I was looking forward to that and I heard we had a truck load of people coming from across the East to race and have fun. We'll see but I have a sneaky feeling it will be cancelled.

Yesterday I went to AFCEA NETCENTS 2 seminar for the Air Force. I thought it was going to be a boring morning, but I actually found I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Am I growing up? Bad thing was I missed the breakfast. I thought it would be weak Tea and sticky buns like the MOD back home, turns out the US Govt enjoys a good breakfast with my taxes. Damn. next time I'll go early and hit the breakfast. Scrambled egg and bacon? Yes please. Fresh orange juice sir? ooh, marvellous, fill 'er up chap..

Off to MaccyD's for a McMuffin, I've just made myself hungry. Don't tell the wife, she'll only want one too :)

No comments: