Thursday, April 10, 2008

bugger

..i've just deleted the post I had written!

Ok, so I was saying that my boss has resigned for a better position. I am really pleased for her personally, she is a fantastic and honest person to work for and I have learnt loads from her. I shall miss her though, but the opportunity was too good and I would have done the same. I will inherit a lot more responsibility, not least leading the sales conference calls. That in itself is fine, I am a gobby arse, so happy to hear my voice, but there is a lot involved with prepping for the meeting so my workload will increase.. but thats good for me I think.

So whilst off to do sprints last night, i cycled past a charming young thing, all blonde and smiley. i guess she was laughing at me being on a bmx and why not? I'm 6ft 1" and almost 200lbs, I look an arse at the best of times. Anyway, after my session she is walking back the other way and again smiles, this time she starts talking. Not easy to hear over my ipod and Janes Addiction, so I stop. She launches into how cool my little bike is, where can she get one, why do I ride it etc? Obviously being the cool customer i am, i dont at all go red, get slightly excited over her northern european lilt and mention my wife in the first sentance!! Damn and bollox, how difficult can it be to talk to a girl in a tight t-shirt and shorts who had worked up a bit of a sweat??? I am soo glad my wife talked to me first, I am bloody useless at talking to pretty girls..

Also, turns out I'm a bit of a terrorist too. I look like one obviously, whatever one may look like that is. I do my sprints on a long quiet street, with only about 6 houses, so no through traffic. The guy at one end always says hello and I am very polite as he's a big ugly bastard and has a giant rottweiler/lab mix, the thing's nuts. He is the local community warden, whatever its called, turns out all the old folks have been complaining to him about me on my bike. He's a nice chap and pointed out my taxes pay for the road as much as his and i should keep riding my bike. Good on him, cos i didnt have the balls to make that comment to him first. However, quite frankly I was pooping it just looking at his dog, if he had let that thing loose I would have been history so I was going to go with what ever he said anyway. Still I might find another street for a while before the 'olds' get me arrested for over zealous use of the loud pedal.. the S&M.38Special.. :)

Jog on..

No comments: