Monday, April 21, 2008

Its raining..

Too bloody true it's raining. It was that loud last night it woke me up several times. This on top of thunderstorms all day yesterday has left most places flooded. The ride to work was slow and awful cos of the weather too. Not a pleasant start to the week, but more importantly it may have done considerable damage to our track before the National this coming weekend. Fingers crossed for some blazing sun to dry the place out.

So the weekend was good for the most part. I got a nice little ride on Friday night on the cruiser to stretch the legs, although I did get a few mozzy bites. I guess the white legs attracted them and I am a pretty tasty morsel if I do say so myself. Friday evening friends from Philly arrived and we had a few drinks and caught up. It was good to see them again. Jaci and Jay are happy people and the wife was happy to catch up with Jaci I am sure.

Saturday morning I shot off early to Woodbridge for gate practice. There was a really good turnout. A good bunch of pros and older riders. I felt like I got my pull going really well, even though I was on flats for most of the session and running a 44-16t. It seems that nearly everybody drops down to a 43-16t for Woodbridge but I was still staying with people. I am going to run a 41-15t, just for that extra little bit of spin. Woodbridge gets pretty tech after the first corner and not much room for overtaking or cranking so I guess it makes sense. It was a good session though and bloody hot, way into the 80's so I got nicely burnt and now have a glowing forehead.

After Woodbridge we hit up 495 trails. The big line was running and all the trail bosses were killing it and Lance Maguire and Eric Posey hit it after a couple of runs and were smoothing it. I am not ready for it yet, but it's my goal for this summers riding. I got through the main line after a few tries so I was pleased. They are not big, but tight and steep, so being a racer I either landed flat bottom or squashed it. Took me a while to relax and let the bike float over the jumps, but once I got it into my head I started to flow thru them quite nicely. The S&M def rides better than the One did at the trails that's for sure. Saving best 'til last I managed to crash on the smallest of small doubles. Its feckin tiny, about 2ft high, 5ft wide and slightly steeper landing, it kept popping me and I over shot into the face of the next double. Muppet! And scuffed my $60 Profile seat in the process to. All good for the soul though. By this point my head had turned a new shade of red so I decided to call it quits before I looked like an extra on Deliverance..

Saturday afternoon was family time and little Shanes 2nd birthday. We had a great afternoon, all the families together. Shane was super excited and running around in his sisters Princess dress. Very funny. Why can you get away with this when you are 2though? If my wife ever caught me running around in one her dresses I would have a lot of explaining to do. I don't by the way, well when I say I don't what I really mean is I do and she just hasn't caught me yet.

So somehow I ended up ruining a very good day, by being an arse to the wife. Papa Smurf is having an operation this coming week, I hadn't taken much notice of it to be honest and basically I kind of poo poo'd it all. Oops. I dug a very large hole for myself and really upset her. I acted like a wanker, no two ways about it. Sorry fartknocker, I love you.

Sunday we awoke to heavy rain, rain and more rain. So it was a day of painting and pootling around the crib (crib, what am I on about... like I'm a gangster?). I have nearly finished painting the lounge now, I just need to get to the bit of wall above the stairs which I can't reach or get a ladder too. A conundrum for sure.

Well, the Monkeys are here on Wednesday so we are really looking forward to that and seeing little Bobbin. I have to get nappies (diapers) and some baby food before they arive, although I haven't found Weetabix and Fromage Frois yet so not sure about that. Lets hope they bring some good weather.

Best do some work, got a lot on this week and as luck would have it, a client wants dinner on Wednesday night and I am at the airport. Maybe I could have dinner at Dulles.. :)

No comments: