Friday, April 18, 2008

nowt much

It's been a funny old week. I've accomplished much. Things have been really up in the air with work with my boss resigning. It has really thrown a spanner in the works and has left my office rather rudderless to say the least. I have to step up to the plate and get some things done and said, because I don't really want to be screwing around and waiting for the board to make decisions. Both myself and the PM who has moved into a more sales role, are not overly experienced Bus. Dev people, so we have a pretty tough hill to climb. Daunting and I am a little worried by it all too.

Monday, I hit the jump squats again. Have to say I am noticing the difference, but it really takes a good 3 days before I am over them. I guess I am putting in the effort. One thing for sure, I rolled up at gates on Weds without my clips, lets just say I gave a few of the chaps a pasting. I think I was one of about 3 or 4 people on flats. It's a nice feeling when you make the young 'hotshots' (in their minds at least) look stupid. I constantly reminded them I am 34 and on flats, the calling out business annoys the shit out of me. Just ride your damn bikes, nobody gives a crap about your 3rd moto at some hick race 2 years ago. Its bmx, nothing else. Still it was good to stretch the legs and lets hope some of the effort pays off next weekend for Woodbridge National. Top 3 both days is my aim, but I know its going to be a lot harder in reality. Still I want to win every lap when I am on the gate, regardless who is next to me. Got to be positive.

Off to a meeting shortly with Doc MaGee. I thought this was just a cool nickname, turns out he really is a Dr and ex US Army Rangers. I'm guessing he takes no poop from anyone. Going to talk about some up coming opportunities that my company and his can partner on.

The Pope has been in town this week, so DC has been super busy and the wife has been stuck in the middle of it. She has had a tough week again, but finally she talked to her boss and that helped loads I think. Last night she got home at 6pm, bloody miracle. We sat outside and had a drink in the sun, then headed off to the Mexican for dinner and an early night. It was nice to have her to myself for an evening. We also learned that I can read her mind when we play "rock, paper, scissors" - 7 in a row we threw the same 'object'. We have friends staying with us tonight from Philly (same place as the Fresh Prince!) and gate practice in the morning. lovely jubbly

Jog on..

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

I thought the pope was coming to town next week...and he's bringing the wife...haaaaaaa!!