Monday, September 8, 2008

Wet and Windy

..and that's just my bottom! Actually I have had a bad case of flatulence the last few days, don't know what's been wrong with my arse but I've been trumping like a good 'un.

So Friday night, I left work a little early and headed up to Winchester to ride with my buddie Jason. It was a gorgeous late summer evening, warm enough for shorts and a t still. I got there super early for sum reason so had plenty of time to warm up and fix the bike again. The One is tired, the wheels are in their death throws, or the bottom bracket but that's brand new, either way something sounds like a bag of bolts in a washing machine. A rebuild again tonight. It was a cruiser evening for sure, about 7 of us on cruisers all riding and getting some good gates in. I have to say mine were on point. I've not been on a random gate with a cruiser, but apparently they work ok. I had a good first straight going and made myself work. Only bad point of the night was Chad 'sublime' Powers half link snapping on about his 4th gate. He made a bit of a mess of himself sliding on the tarmac. Shame, cos we normally have fun riding together, he is smooth for sure. Bruce was looking good once we had his gates sorted. Sad point of the evening, newbie, novice, idiot, whatever you want to call him Ryan has decided to clip-in. Yes, after 3 months of racing he feels he needs! get the feck out of here. He's not slow, but has little skill yet and is totally out of control. He's also turned into a gobby little shite which he wasn't last time I was up there a few months back. Sad, I quite liked the kid. Still, I was a gobby little shite at 15, and am still at 34 so what do I know.

Saturday, it rained, and rained and rained some more. It actually started on my way back from Winchester Friday night, which reminds me of the two fat kids complaining about getting medium fries when they ordered large. I wanted to shout order a lettuce instead, but apparently a couple of other kids in the queue thought the same as me, to which said chubby kids scurried out of Wendies rather embarrassed. So, with all the rain we decided doing 'bugger all' was an excellent plan. We napped, we went out for lunch, walked around a terrible mall, and then went home for another nap. Quality. After the nap, we had a sandwich and went for Ice Cream. Apparently when you buy Ice Cream in the States you also come home with another pair of Vans shoes. Well that's what happened to me. On sale for $32! Rude not too sir! I know we watched a movie but I can't for the life of me remember what it was, but it was funny..

Sunday we tidied the house a little and played with the cats a lot. Gatsby is starting to settle down and leave Chewy alone. He has his moments still, normally on a work night, but he is soo cool, I love him. He does sleep on my back which is slightly odd and has a habit of biting my chin, equally odd and somewhat annoying too. In the afternoon I rode Severn again on the safety cycle. It was riding awesome after all the rain. I manualled from corner to corner the third straight, never done that on a cruiser before. I love that bike, I wish I could get another one, maybe I'll have to get Mum and Dad to bring me one over in November. If not I'll be ordering the Clayborn, or maybe a GHP Cruiser as that looks really nice. Chad just rang and has my wheels on the way, Profile sent a titanium driver by mistake and only charged me a couple of $'s extra, compared to the $50 it should be. Black hubs, chrome rims, should be sweet and go with anything I buy. Maybe the wife will want them for her anniversary present, she could do with some new cruiser wheels...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um I don't think you've said enough nice things about your wife over the past couple weeks. I'd like to see some more compliments please. Thank you.

Northern Monkey said...

Absolutely, I agree. And I'm throughly disappointed not to be rating a mention these days either..

Yours sincerely,

Disgusted of Manchester