Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quicky

Think that's the second time I've used that title.

The weekend has been and gone, in the 70's for the most part, was lovely. Saturday we managed to achieve very little, although I did my first Sushi meal on Friday night and my stomach was not feeling too chipper. In theory I love the idea of Sushi. I love fish, I love all the things that go into the ingredients, but I just could not get rid of the fish smell 24hours later, so that's kind of put me off. Still, I did it, and although we had a little 'earnest discussion' on where to park going to Silver Spring we had a nice evening. Saturday was all but done by lunch time, as we accomplished little, other than play with the cats and enjoy the warm air in the house for a change. The afternoon we headed over to Mo and James, and I promptly fell asleep on the couch, guess I must have been tired. I am not sure what happened Saturday night, we tried to watch Schindlers List, but that's a tough movie so I think we caved in and read in bed! Life of a rock star I lead.

Sunday was funday, all about the bmx in the nice weather. I spent pretty much the whole day down at Severn. Track was in great condition, a bit soft on the first straight, which was tough going on flats, but the rhythm section and third straight were flowing nice, so after a lot of gates I spent some time working combinations on that. I was planning on riding the new Richmond track, photos look great, but heard all sorts of conflicting stories about how good it is. NBL have employed a new track builder and I am not convinced by him, his tracks appear to be very very tame. Riders need pushing, not multiple rollers and 10ft wide doubles. I heard the Morristown indoor track was easy too, soo glad I didn't waste my money there. I read what people write on Vintagebmx about awesome the track was but all the riders that post are 30 something novs and cruiser riders. It's not about our age groups anymore, it should be about the young kids and giving them the opportunity to aim for Olympics etc, a dumb indoor track isn't going to create the next Mikey Day, they just get bored and quit. Ah well.

Work is good, busy, but manageable, hence the update this morning.

Nothing new on the car front. If something pops up I like then maybe I'll swap, truth is I can't decide what I want. Well, actually I can. I want a Ford Explorer to get my bikes in, just one that does 25mpg and no stupid door handles! Ford have taken to putting the door release on the end of the door armrest, but no handle to hold on to, it's below and in an awkward position. It's dumb, really dumb, and not at all natural. Christine nearly let the door swing into the wall when we tried one for 24hrs as she didn't know! I suspect Ford have had a lot of complaints.

Ok, back to my North Carolina proposal, ta-ta for now..

No comments: