Thursday, March 5, 2009



Camp Woodward, PA.

This thing was huge, and in the mist too, couldn't see the landing on the first few laps. On my way to first national win on cruiser back in Sept 08.

Just got back from Vegas with the Mrs and brother in-law and his wife. Great weekend, although we all got ill with the squits and farts. It was like a pig pen in our room after 24 hours.

Got snowed in on Monday, as our connecting flight was through Boston back to DC, so we had to drive to LA and then get a flight home on tuesday. We did see Martin Sheen though, and some other actor dude, who was senile and giving his little dog a hard time! If I ever find his pic I'll name and shame, but I can't recall his name right now.

Richmond BMX has a new track rebuild, looks great, with a pro section too, can't wait for that. Also a new track is being built the other side of Richmond at a MX park, so that should be awesome. Although I've heard rumours the guy is playing politics already by not letting vendors in to trade! Don't know what thats all about but last time I looked a 520 Renthal chain for a Honda CRF doesn't fit a 44-16t on a bmx! Muppet. Hope it's all hearsay and BS, but it's good to have another track to ride and another track for the state series.

Loads of snow right now, but should be in the 70s by the weekend, hopefully I may get out on the BMX. If not will dust off the road bike for a couple of hours.

Work is super busy, really have gone to the other extreme compared to this time last year, so it's great considering how tough the economy is.

I am still looking for a new car, but with the previous comment in mind, slightly scared of dumping my money into anything in case things go pete tong. No job is safe and after watching a report this morning on tv about high salaried professionals resorting to janitorial work just to have money coming in, it might not be a risk worth taking. We are trying to re-mortgage though at a better rate, but with house prices dropping they are looking for people to have 20% equity in the house, we are almost there, but it's proving tough. My thought is, if they want our business and the $100,000's in interest they will make from us over 30yrs they can bloody well flex the $8000 we need to meet that 20% mark. It makes sense to me, everything is negotiable right now, especially with the money lenders I think. They are up sh@t creek like the rest of us, so for the sake of $8000, I would have thought they would be happy to help. Maybe our broker has no balls, we'll see.

DC, get in touch mate, let me know what your plans are, if you want a weekend to explore Washington DC come down. We can ride, you can borrow my S&M, and we can hit a few tracks. Glad all is going well for you up in NY buddy.

Just want to send my love to my Grandma, its my blog so I can. She lost her younger brother and sister last week. I'm glad she lives round the corner from mum and dad now. love you Nan.

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

Nice update, will ring for a social soon..