Monday, August 4, 2008

The Great Gatsby

Gatsby arrived Friday night. Poor little thing managed to puke in his cage and on himself on the way over. Still, I love him already. He's a real deep orange, with leopard like spots and big round eyes that make him look Korean or something. So far so good. We've had a few little spats with Joey and Chewy, right now he has taken to humping Chewy. Chewy needs to use his 17lb and put him in his place and all will be good. Although I have a sneaking suspicion he will end up the dominant cat, our two are too laid back to care. We also found out he doesn't like milk this morning just as we were leaving at 7.30 his brekkie came straight back up again! Nice.

The wife and I pretty much didn't move all weekend, we just stayed in and played with the cats. I think they liked having us around all weekend. Also it was good to spend an entire weekend with the wife, I love her lots. Sometimes we are so busy we just take things for granted, so it was good to just be together and potter around for a few days.

Saturday night we went out with Sarah, Christine's good friend from Woodley Park, and her new boyfriend. Great guy, so much nicer than the previous obnoxious little tit she dated before. Hopefully we'll get to hang out with them a whole lot more.

Sunday hit up Severn BMX. I am feeling rather angry about this, as 3 week before the national they are feckin' up all the jumps. They just have no common sense at all. They spent all their time turning the first jump, about 8ft wide at most, into a trail style jump. At the bottom of the start hill, with 8 riders hitting it! For fooks sake, it's ridiculous. Needless to say there was numerous crashes. You can't have a jump with no backside at the fastest point of the track and when the riders are closest together. However, in doing this, they totally neglected rebuilding and surfacing the rapidly deteriorating 6 pack, which would have been time, effort and money well spent. And, to make matters worse there is no concept of finishing off the jump. They just roll over it a couple of times on a quad bike and think that's it. So one good down pour, the dirt washes off and the ruts are exaggerated. I won't be at the national, but if I was an ABA racer and travelled any sort of distance I would be pretty pissed. That said it doesn't strike me as all that different from the standard of the majority tracks here - shite. Still I have Pottstown national this weekend, and whilst no big jumps, it is super smooth and full of tech fun stuff. I am looking forward to it. OK, rant over, and sorry to those people who do put the effort in, with limited resources, building tracks. I know it's not easy.

I have a super busy week this week. A couple of new projects are close to kicking off, so I have a ton of data calls to prepare for, I best go prepare then instead of sounding off.

My Dad is 21 and 40yrs today. Happy birthday pop, love you.

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

Its Mr Bald Get from Oop Norf if you don't mind...haaaaa!