Thursday, March 20, 2008

38 Special

If you're a West Country boy you are probably thinking thats a rival cider to White Lightning, but alas its not. Nope, its my new BMX, - like I needed one of course - an S&M 38 Special frame and its bloody lovely let me tell you. I was in a bit of a dither about going to a chromo frame after 8 yrs on an aluminium frame, but I am glad I made the choice. Its about 5oz heavier than my old One frame, but now I can crash 'til my hearts content at the trails without fear of snapping it.

So why the new bike? Well my good friend Jason Morgan rides for a local bike shop team (http://www.groovemerchants.net/) out in West Virginia and Jason asked Jamie, the owner, if he was looking for another rider. Thankfully Jamie was and he hooked me up. Let me say this Jamie rules, - he has cool tattoo's, is obsessed with bmx and skateboarding and loves old classic english motorbikes! He's a guy doing something that he cares about and loves, and is helping bmx grow in West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia and supporting young riders. Thoroughly upstanding in my book.

So it's taken 2 weeks to write my second post, probably closer to 3, so I am crap at this stuff it turns out! I wasn't likely to change my spots over night. I have loads of good ideas and kept thinking about getting them on here, just forget to do it.

Ok, well I'm off to a meeting for a wee while, so I'll come back and add a little more later.

S&M rules
.. jog on! :)

No comments: